DEKOR Lighting has expanded your outdoor lighting options with colored LED landscape lighting. Our Dek Dots, Dock Dots, Yard Dots, and Paver Dots are now available in red, amber, green and blue. These new lights use the same robust housings and familiar Plug-N-Play connector system as our traditional white lights, and are built with vibrantly colored CREE LEDs instead of a lens or filter to guarantee fade-free shine for the lifetime of the installation.
Spectral Spread: 620nm to 630nm
Our eyes have rods and cones that help us see under varying light conditions. Red light primarily activates cones but not rods, allowing our pupils to stay dilated in the dark while providing enough illumination to read. In addition to minimizing the adjustment time that you’d experience switching between white light and darkness, red lights help your eyes maintain better peripheral vision than if you use a white light in the dark.
- Illuminating the area around your telescope or star-gazing deck
- Fences and walkways near open, wild-life heavy areas like forests or open space
- Leading pedestrians back towards higher illumination levels from a dark area
Sea-Turtle Safe Amber
Spectral Spread: 585nm to 595nm
When it comes to keeping beaches safe for adult female sea turtles to lay eggs and hatchlings to successfully find the ocean, the rule of thumb is “Keep it long; keep it low”. The latter portion refers to using fixtures that keep the beam angle low to the ground, and the former refers to the wavelength of light. Sea turtle lighting is considered any illumination source with the majority of light emitted at a wavelength of 580nm or longer. DEKOR’s amber lights use natively colored LEDs, not a lens over a white light, to keep the vast majority of the light around 590nm.
- Beach walkways, pathways, and beach-front decks
- Areas with heavy insect populations – amber and yellow lights attract fewer bugs
- Anywhere you want a very warm light color experience
Spectral Spread: 510nm to 530nm
Green light has tactical uses because the human eye is most sensitive to wavelengths around 525nm, but we simply love the beautiful color! Whether used as a year-round accent under trees or to spread some holiday cheer, these crisp green lights are sure to dazzle.
- Seasonal and specialty accent lighting
- Showing off contrast in materials such as marble in an unconventional way
- Pairing with red lights to indicate port and starboard on a dock
Spectral Spread: 460nm to 470nm
As with green, pure blue light can be linked to a variety of specialty use cases, but you don’t need a special reason to add Brilliant Blue to your landscape or hardscape. The beautiful, short-wavelength blue is just as at home around the pool as it is piercing through the fog at the end of a driveway.
- High-visibility needs, such as a driveway entrance that visitors tend to miss
- Aquatic hardscaped areas like pools and ponds
Using natively colored LEDs in our products guarantees the purest possible colors will illuminate and accent your installation without compromising the consistence of the beam angle. While the beautiful colors will be right at home in any seasonal display, these rugged lights are designed to the same quality standards of all DEKOR products. Whether in red, white, or blue, we believe in lighting for life.