In this post, we have put together 6 tips for checking your LED outdoor lighting system. This will help you ensure that everything is working efficiently and at its best.
- Check that all your lights are functional, it’s much easier to know what’s not working when the entire system is powered on.
- Check the output voltage of your transformer, anything less than 11vDC would require attention.
- Replace any burned out LEDs, using the same wattage LED. Increasing wattage can overload the circuit and decreasing it could increase the voltage going to your other fixtures, causing them to burn out prematurely.
- Bury exposed cables, in high traffic areas it may be common for cables to make their way to the surface. Ensuring all your cables are buried will reduce any trip hazards and prevent rodents from chewing through them.
- Checking for loose connections, if a light is dim or flickering you may want to double-check and see a cable is loose or has gone bad. Adding dielectric grease on connections you find that are loose. Dielectric grease will help fight corrosion and ensure longevity in your connections.
- Clean lenses and brush off fixtures. LEDs are known for maintaining a cool temperature, most LEDs won’t get hot enough to melt snow. Depending on the size of the fixture, you can use a toothbrush or broom to brush off any excess snow that may be piled up on your LEDs.
Doing this two times a year should make your system last for many years and not keeping up with basic maintenance might cost you big in the future by forcing you to replace multiple fixtures and or/ multiple cables. Unsure of how long your warranty lasts? Please contact our customer care team to double-check your warranty period/ status. Not up to doing the maintenance yourself? Please contact us to see if there is a DEKOR PRO in your area that can assist.